POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Large Images : Re: Rendering Large Images Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Large Images
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Nov 2000 17:04:34
Message: <3a11b6f2@news.povray.org>
In article <3A10F7AD.E970DC87@diescreaming.com> , Brandan Whearty
<spa### [at] diescreamingcom>  wrote:

> Oh, to be semi-up to date.  My 233/Rev. A iMac has a fan that sounds like an
'82
> escort when it really gets humming.

I was talking about the current iMacs, not the two year old ones.

My point merely was that buying any computer which is quiet enough to leave
on all day and night, even if it is only half the speed of the noisy ones
will ultimately be more effective:  If you can leave the noisy one on 8
hours a day compared to 24 hours of the half the speed one, well, the half
the speed one will still be 50% faster when rendering complex scenes.

No reason for a major discussion ;-)   Just buy a slow one ($300) for your
room and connect the two via Ethernet :-)

    Thorsten